- Responsible for medical review of new disability applicants and reevaluations and recommending approval/denial of claim
- Documents decision rationale and completes medical review of all claims to ensure information substantiates disability
- Provides clear and appropriate follow-up recommendations
- Calculates disability claims
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field preferred; or minimum of three years applicable work experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Medical knowledge
- Strong oral and communication skills
This position will require the selected candidate to complete a three-semester online course to receive a designation for Certified Professional Disability Management. This designation will require six hours of continuous education each year. We will work with the selected candidate to accommodate this online course.
- Insurance benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Participation in SURS retirement plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and 11 paid holidays
- Business casual attire
Apply for this Position
SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.