The State Universities Retirement System (SURS) is one of the five state-funded retirement plans and provides retirement, survivor, death and disability benefits on behalf of more than 230,000 members from 61 employers in Illinois, including state universities, community colleges and state agencies. SURS administers benefits and oversees a large investment program with assets approximating $21.8 billion.
- Coordinate and assist with SURS board mailings and meeting prep, including travel arrangements and meeting minutes in accordance to professional standards
- Work with the SURS counseling team, SURS employers, members and outside entities in scheduling and planning SURS off-site road appointments, including hotel arrangements
- Process and scan daily deposits to Northern Trust in accordance with SURS policies
- Review and process travel vouchers in accordance with SURS travel policies
- Act as a backup for U of I carpool regarding SURS cars; report mileage for SURS cars; file maintenance paperwork; and review invoices for accounting
- File and scan special projects
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
Desirable Credentials and Qualifications:
- Ability to travel overnight to attend board and other necessary meetings
- Poise and professionalism to confidently engage with senior staff, trustees and related constituencies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to analyze situations and exercise sound judgment
- Exceptional organization skills
- Attention to detail
Apply for this Position
This position is 100% in-office time. Applicants are subject to a background check as terms of hire.
SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.