The State Universities Retirement System (SURS) is one of the five state-funded retirement plans and provides retirement, survivor, death and disability benefits on behalf of more than 230,000 members from 61 employers in Illinois, including state universities, community colleges and state agencies. SURS administers benefits and oversees a large investment program with assets approximating $21.8 billion.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of projects, coordinating efforts between key stakeholders, subject matter experts, vendors and business users
- Serve as lead business analyst and/or functional architect on projects
- Work with senior management and SURS staff to ensure all projects are executing in accordance with approved charter
- Identify issues and risks while observing project schedules, budgets, and timelines and evaluating progress
- Compile and report on key project performance metric
- Work with IT department to continually monitor resource availability
- Complete special projects and duties as assigned
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Any combination totaling six years from the following categories:
- progressively more responsible work experience in IT-related profession
- college course work with a concentration in Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 60 semester hours or associate degree equals one year
- 90 semester hours equals two years
- 120 semester hours or bachelor’s degree equals three years
- Two years of total work experience in a supervisory or lead worker capacity.
(Note: Only a maximum of three years credit for college course work is available.)
(Note: As required by the position to be filled, additional education, training and/or work experience in an area of specialization inherent in the position may be necessary in meeting credential requirements.)
Desirable Credentials and Qualifications:
- Continuously strives to learn and advance knowledge base
- Certification(s) or continuing education in quality management, project management, Six Sigma, continuous improvement, and/or training; or willingness to pursue
- Experience with Agile, Scrum and DevOps is a plus
- Ability to relate to different personalities and/or communication styles
- Initiates and develops positive and open communication with peers and team members
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
Apply for this Position
This position is 100% in-office time. Applicants are subject to a background check as terms of hire.
SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.