The State Universities Retirement System (SURS) is one of the five state-funded retirement plans that provide retirement, survivor, death and disability benefits on behalf of more than 227,000 members from 61 employers in Illinois, including state universities, community colleges and state agencies. SURS administers benefits and oversees a large, investment program with assets approximating $20.3 billion as of June 30, 2017.
- Assists with processes to maintain and monitor compliance with rules, regulations and agreements associated with the Investment Department. Verifies investment managers' compliance with the investment policy
- Assists with the selection, evaluation and monitoring of investment managers
- Assists with administrative responsibilities and performance reporting in the Investment Department
- Prepares monthly and quarterly departmental reports
- Completes special projects and reports as assigned
- Four-year degree
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Good oral and written communication/presentation skills
- Professional acumen
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Able to work autonomously
- Ability to travel throughout the United States
- Advanced degree or willingness to pursue
- CFA or CAIA designation, progression towards or willingness to pursue
This position is 100 percent time. The percentage of time in this position is not negotiable.
Apply for this Position
SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.