The State Universities Retirement System (SURS) is one of the five state-funded retirement plans that provide retirement, survivor, death and disability benefits on behalf of more than 227,000 members from 61 employers in Illinois, including state universities, community colleges and state agencies. SURS administers benefits and oversees a large, investment program with assets approximating $20.3 billion as of June 30, 2017.
- Provide Accounting and Financial Reporting support to the Finance and Investment Departments
- Apply Accounting principles in performing journal entries
- Tax Reporting
- Prepare and monitor annual budgets
- Prepare a variety of financial reports
- State compliance reporting
- Perform reconciliations
- Industry surveys
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, or a Business advanced degree preferred
- Certified Public Accountant designation
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organization and written skills
Additional desirable credentials
- Ability to research complex accounting and financial reporting matters
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience working with internal and external auditors
This position is 100 percent time. The percentage of time in this position is not negotiable.
Apply for this Position
SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.