The State Universities Retirement System (SURS) is one of the five state-funded retirement plans that provide retirement, survivor, death and disability benefits on behalf of more than 227,000 members from 61 employers in Illinois, including state universities, community colleges and state agencies. SURS administers benefits and oversees a large, investment program with assets approximating $20.3 billion as of June 30, 2017.
- Timely and accurate calculating of Death & Survivor claims, Disability Claims and DRA Claims
- Work towards approval of all claims types with high accuracy of calculation
- Ability to learn queuing system
- Ability to multi-task
- Telephone/email communication with employers
- Telephone communication with members
Personal Attributes: In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, the following additional attributes are preferred but not required:
- Detail oriented
- Mathematical background
This position is 100 percent time. The percentage of time in this position is not negotiable.
Apply for this Position
SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.